Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Inky update

Inky is doing well!
The drain for the infection was removed on Saturday. The infection wound is healing a bit faster than the vet would have liked - despite Inky's pesky licking & warm compresses .He had his last dose of antibiotics on Monday. His hair is growing back and the scar from the leg amputation is actually healing and disappearing. His temperament is that of a mellow house cat. He loves to eat but then he'll just sit in your lap and pur for hours on end as you pet him. It is as if he is soaking it all in, enjoying life, drinking in every bit of love and affection. He is still confined to the warm , well padded and cozy bathroom except for the nightly forays with me downstairs to sit in my lap and watch T.V. with my parents . He gets anxious when I carry him down the stairs but I try and distract him with chit chat & he settles down soon enough. He still has newspaper in his litter box & still has the soft collar on most of the day. We are glad he survived and seems to be getting better with each day. The amputation was bad but the infection was awful too and to have that behind us is such a relief.
I try and visit once a day-usually in the late evening. It is sometimes the light of my day! (That is how bad things can be for me but I can not complain -having an ill pet really puts life into perspective!) My mom went for a check up yesterday and her blood pressure is DOWN! She attributed the improvement to having this ball of fur around the house. He has reminded us all of what truly is important. To have your health and to have love is just about all there is. Without both you might as well be lost. He is our Christmas gift this year.
When I get home from each visit Nicki & Sandi are waiting for me at the door and want to know where I have been. Seems I smell funny to them! I tell them they are very lucky cats. They have all 4 legs. Not all cats are as lucky as they.

No comments:

Post a Comment