Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Where's Sandi?






Sandi LOVES it when I change the sheets. She is somehow able to sense when I am about to change the bed sheets ( much as I now try to be very quiet about it) & in she bounds , leaping for the bed before I am even able to get the sheet on.
Pretty much since she was a kitten we have then gone on to play hide & go seek. (or peak-a-boo) I theatrically ask "Where's Sandi?" as she hides beneath the sheet,motionless and almost invisible. All of the sudden, Sandi skits out, happy as a clam. Best of all are the sheet ghosts she likes to charge after. (Sheet ghosts appear when you lift the sheet up, get it air borne and then allow it to gently float down. As the sheet settles Sandi attacks the remaining air pockets as if they contained mice or fluttering birds. ) This routine never gets old for Sandi and she would go on for hours -if only I would play along for that long.
Needless to say, Sandi has forever changed the way I will think about sheets.
P.S. Just a word of caution: if you are thinking of trying this with your cat-beware of one thing: make sure to cut your cat's nails before you do this . We were once playing with a very nice set of sky blue sheets when all of the sudden I heard this sound... : the sound of tearing cotton as Sandi's nails dug in just a bit too deep. And each time the sheet is washed, the tear grows just a bit. (It is a pretty sheet so I haven't yet had the heart to toss it out...)

No comments:

Post a Comment