Monday, January 26, 2009

The blessing of the happy cat


I am one of those people who is interested in happiness. I have not always been "happy" & it is a state of being that  I really have come to value as I have gotten older. I especially like the idea that "things" do not make you happy. That leaves me asking : what does make one happy? I do believe some are lucky enough to be born happy. Others have to search & learn. I am not a researcher but I do observe & watch & that leads me to this nature / nurture  belief. Sandi is born happy. She is delighted-all of the time. Today she found this small patch of sunshine and basked in it. And the look on her face, her body language -all said-I am happy, happy, happy. I watch her as the years pass & wish I could be as happy as she is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment